THE DEATH OF THE CONVERSATION.
THE DEATH OF THE CONVERSATION.
- I just read online that the entry of some European restaurants customers will confiscate their cell phones. According to the note, it is a stream of people seeking to regain the pleasure of eating, drinking and chatting without interrupting the ring tonesor diners like cats dart around the tables while talking loudly.
The news made me envious of the good. Personally, I do not remember what it is to hold a conversation in a row, long and deep, drinking coffee or chocolate, but my partner left me with the word in the mouth, because his cell phone rings. Sometimes it is worse. Recently I was in a working meeting was dissolved simply because three of the five people who were on the table began to address urgent phone calls. It was an indescribable chaos of conversations at the same time. Thanks to the phone, the conversation is becoming a telegraphic sketch not get anywhere. The phone has become a real intruder. It’s getting worse. Before, people used to find a corner to talk. Now lost modesty. Everyone screams porsu mobile, from the very place where you are. I do not deny the virtues of cellular communication. The speed, the gift of ubiquity that produces and of course, integration has led to many sectors previously outside the phone.
But I worry that the more we communicate in the distance, the less we talk about when we are close. I’m impressed with the dependence we have on the phone. Professional license rather lose the phone, as often the sim card works more than our own memory. The only cell uninstrumento seems an extension of the body, and hardly anyone can resist the feeling of abandonment and loneliness when they pass the hours and this does not ring. So perhaps some never go out. Not even in movies! I’ve seen more than one answer to say quietly: “I’m in film, now I call you.”
It’s something more I try, I can not understand. I can also get the feeling of helplessness that occurs in many people say when the flight attendants on the plane that is about to take off it’s time to turn off cell phones. I have also witnessed the concern that is released when one of the rings sounds most popular and everyone got along reflexively reached into his pocket, or purse, looking for the apparatus. But of all, the Blackberry deserve separate chapter. Alienated and autism. So I have seen many of my colleagues, absorbed in the chat of this new invention. The scene is often repeated. The Blackberry on your desktop. A beep that announces the arrival of a message, and the character I have in front of the phone is released. Almost never can refrain from answering immediately. I see typing a while, massaging the ball, and smile, then look at me and say, “What were we?”. But the conversation has gone out the window. I do not know anyone with Blackberry and not addicted to it.
Someone told me earlier in the morning when you wake up, your first instinct was to take a good coffee. Now his first act is to take your device everyday and answer all your messages instantly. It is the tyranny of the instant of simultaneity, of sparse, overdose information and connection to a virtual world that will end once destroying the delicious pleasure of conversing with the other, face to face.
- Haz clic para compartir en Facebook (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Twitter (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para enviar por correo electrónico a un amigo (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Reddit (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para imprimir (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Pinterest (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Tumblr (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Publicado en: Uncategorized
- Etiquetado:Accessories, Amaranth Quali, American Express, Apple, Art, artisan Bread Crumbs, Automotive, Beauty, Beverage, Bimbo, Blackberry, BMW, Bohemia, Bread Crumbs artisan, Budweiser, Cal-C-cough, Care, Carlos V, Carta Blanca, cell phone, Choco dills, Chocomilk, CISCO, Coca-Cola, Corona, Del Valle Juices, Delaware Punch, Disney, Don Manolo, Entertainment, Estrella, Fanta, Fashion, Featured, Ferrero, Fiiller Bread, Florida 7, Food, Fresca, Frut Valley, Gadgets, Gamesa, Gatorade, General, General Electric, Gifts, Gillette, Google, Gullon, H & M, Hershey's, Highlights, Home, Honda, Hotels, HP, IBM, IKEA, Indio, Intel, J. P. Morgan, Jarritos, Jewelry, JumexKas, Kellogg's, Kinder, Kinder Chocolate, La vaquita Wong, Lara Lonchibon, Larín, León, Lindo Oaxaca, Louis Vuitton, luxury, Manzana Lift, Manzanita Sol, Marian, Marinela, Marlboro, Married, Mars, McDonald’s, Mercedes Benz, Microsoft, Milkiway, Milo, Mirinda, MNM's, Mobile phone, Model, Montejo, Nabisco, NesCafé, Nesquik, Nestea, Nestlé, New York Bagel Deli, News, Nike, Nokia, Nutella, Oracle, Oreo, Oroweat, Pacífico, Pan Fiiller, Pepsi, Pepsi Cola, Pepsico, Perfumes, Personal, Powerade, Press Releases, Quacker, Reesse's, Ricolino, Ringtone, Ritz, Samsung, Santiveri, SAP, Science and Technology, Senzao, Seven Up, shops, Sidral Mundet, Sol, Special Edition, sponsors, Sports, Spring flowers, Sprite, Suandy, Subscriber Identity Module, Tía Rosa, Tecate, technology, Telecommunications, The Globe, Toyota, Travel, Tropicana, Turín, tv, Twix, United States, Vehicles, Victoria, Wonder